School Programs Offered At Hilltop Hanover Farm
Yorktown Heights, NY - Students in grammar through high school can learn about sustainable agriculture and the environment as they perform hands-on work on a farm during Farming and Sustainable Agriculture 101, a program offered for school groups at Hilltop Hanover Farm in Yorktown Heights.
During the three-hour program, farm staff will conduct a tour of the farm and show demonstration projects like the “green” roof chicken shed, rain water harvesting, and composting facilities. Afterward, the students will get to work in the fields or greenhouses where they can seed, weed or harvest produce for a local food pantry. After lunch, students will take a hike through the farm’s marked trails and stop at the “Farm at Home” demonstration garden to view the many types of produce that can be grown in their own backyards. It is available on weekdays and Saturdays.
- Student Documentary Film Premiere At Pace University
- RiverArts Scores Dance World Coup For 50th Season
- Bill Clinton To Speak At Westchester Community College
- Kensington To Host 3 Educational Seminars
- Port Chester Council For Arts Announces Auditions
- Overcoming The Odds Awards In Tarrytown
- Junior League Of Central Westchester Family Tag Sale