WJCS Recruiting For Parent Child Home Program
White Plains, NY - The WJCS Parent-Child Home Program (PCHP) is currently recruiting part-time visitors, who receive a stipend, for the new program year (October – May).This meaningful and exciting work requires a minimum commitment of nine hours per week. Although Home Visitors’ hours are flexible, attendance is required at weekly staff/training meetings held on Wednesday mornings at WJCS, 141 North Central Avenue, Hartsdale. Staff Training will be held the first week of October.
For 40 years the Parent-Child Home Program has been serving low-income families in White Plains, Port Chester, New Rochelle, Mamaroneck, Greenburgh and Mt. Vernon. Visitors call on parents and children in their homes for a half hour, twice weekly, beginning when the child is about two years old. Each week, the Home Visitor brings a book or toy and in the comfort of the family’s home, parent, child and home visitor participate in fun and stimulating activities using the book or toy. The Home Visitor models verbal interaction – reading, conversation, and play – designed to develop language and literacy skills
Home Visitors need no special educational background but must have a personality suited to home visiting and working with parents and toddler-aged children. Prior to beginning home visits, Home Visitors participate in 16 hours of training.
- Student Documentary Film Premiere At Pace University
- RiverArts Scores Dance World Coup For 50th Season
- Bill Clinton To Speak At Westchester Community College
- 36th Annual Guiding Eyes Golf Classic With Eli Manning
- Kensington To Host 3 Educational Seminars
- Port Chester Council For Arts Announces Auditions
- Overcoming The Odds Awards In Tarrytown