28th African American Heritage Festival
Valhalla, NY - Share the wealth of African-American culture at the African-American Heritage Celebration on Sunday, June 24, noon to 7 p.m., at Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla.The theme for this year’s event is “Celebrating Nia – Purpose.” The day’s events include entertainment by musical groups and dancers, along with drama and poetry readings and activities for children. Visitors will also be able to browse the many vendors who will be selling traditional arts and crafts and countless types of ethnic foods. Bring a folding chair or blanket and enjoy the June weather.
Admission and parking are free. The event is sponsored by Westchester County Parks and the Coalition of African-American Organizations.
Kensico Dam Plaza is located at the north end of the Bronx River Parkway in Valhalla.
Please be advised that the Bronx River Parkway will be closed for Bicycle Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. between Scarsdale Road in Yonkers and the Westchester County Center in White Plains. The park can be accessed via Route 22, from the north or south.
Interested vendors for this event should call (914) 378-3283 and leave a message.
Go to westchestergov.com/parks or call (914) 864-PARK.
- Bill Clinton To Speak At Westchester Community College
- Overcoming The Odds Awards In Tarrytown
- NY Gilbert And Sullivan Players To Perform In Valhalla
- WCC Presents I’ve Got A Little Twist
- Plant Sale And Sculpture Dedication At Lasdon Park
- Westchester Community College Open House
- Boys And Girls Club To Host 19th Humanitarian Award Dinner